Klein does an excellent job in providing a quick but effective context on the history and politics of Ireland (could really give a little more) and what's going on around the world. I didn't know Ireland's war of independence had such extreme and lasting geopolitical effects and I learned A LOT.
My one complaint is that the "characters" feel underdeveloped. In giving such a thorough history, Klein doesn't spend as much time as I'd like to people in the key moments. This keeps the plot moving but I would have liked more.Overall, it's an interesting little biographies of what was once a big deal in the 1860s and 1870s but is now forgotten.
Veterans Shirt I Have Earned It With My Blood, Sweat And Tears T-Shirt
A well-researched and well-written account of a much-forgotten chapter of transatlantic history. A few minor factual inaccuracies, usually limited to the usual appendage (e.g. the author claims the Fenians captured the "banner" of the Queen's Private Rifles at Ridgeway - but a rifle regiment, they never had a flag or banner to be captured). There are also times when the author really struggles to be objective - this is not to say that historians shouldn't criticize British/British policy towards Ireland over the centuries, but Klein sometimes seems to think that many Canadian invasions were entirely justifiable (and while lamenting the deaths of Irish people who had given their lives for their country, hinted at the Canadians who killed them) - as President Grant even is even quoted in the book, "two wrongs do not make right."
Buy this shirt: Click here to buy this Luxashirt – Veterans Shirt I Have Earned It With My Blood, Sweat And Tears T-Shirt






Buy Now: Veterans Shirt I Have Earned It With My Blood, Sweat And Tears T-Shirt
0 Comments