The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women

 It's amazing how the emotional impact of something as simple as reading a book can affect the mind. I finished this book last night before going to bed, and I cried. I cried for the women and their families, I cried when I heard justice was finally done, and mostly, I cried because I felt so blessed, that thanks to these brave women , this powerful that we know more about radium and its dangers today.


I had to oversleep on this, before writing any words about it, mainly because I struggled to find words for something so confusing as this. I've watched cancer and its utter devastation to the body and what it can leave in its path. The consequences are left to the families, as they try to pick up the pieces, but, I don't think that's compared to what these wonderfully brave women were forced to endure and ultimately succumbed to. . I think the fact that they've existed, and that they've been through absolute hell, makes it all the more difficult to digest.


I have heard about the Radium Girls at various times in my life over the years. I've heard excerpts about it, but I've never really read anything about it in intricate detail. There's nothing like this book, anyway. When I started reading this book, I really wanted to read it in one sitting. I was blown away by it, and I couldn't believe what I was reading in some parts, it was horrible. The author assures the reader of the raw, raw experiences these desperate sick women have gone through. I have to stop at several places throughout the book, and take a breath. It was intense and tragic.


What I really appreciate about this book is that women fought for justice at a time when women were considered second sex. Honestly it makes me so proud to be a woman. The way these women form a group together, fighting together even in their darkest and scariest hour, tells you something about the feminine gender. We definitely need some more role models like this in today's society.


I really feel as if I could talk about this book for hours on end and I think it's a very important book in our history, and if you can get past the horror described in this book, I think it can help you reflect on your own life and what matters most.

I will never forget this story, and I feel very honored to have read it.


Home: Click here to visit Luxashirt

 

YOU DON'T SCARE ME T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – YOU DON’T SCARE ME T-Shirt Best Sale
YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK AN ITALIAN WOMAN T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK AN ITALIAN WOMAN T-Shirt Best Sale
WORLD'S BEST MADRE T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – WORLD’S BEST MADRE T-Shirt Best Sale
YOU ARE SO HARD TO BUY GIFTS FOR T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – YOU ARE SO HARD TO BUY GIFTS FOR T-Shirt Best Sale
TO MY LOVELY MAMMA SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – TO MY LOVELY MAMMA T-Shirt Best Sale
THIS ITALIAN IS 99 PERCENT ANGEL T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – THIS ITALIAN IS 99 PERCENT ANGEL T-Shirt Best Sale
THIS BEAUTY SHOOTS LIKE A BEAST Ladies T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – THIS BEAUTY SHOOTS LIKE A BEAST Ladies T-Shirt Best Sale
Pontoon Captain Like A Regular Captain T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Pontoon Captain Like A Regular Captain T-Shirt  Best Sale
Mamaste hot moms do hot yoga shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Mamaste hot moms do hot yoga shirt Best Sale
MAMA DIDN'T RAISE A VICTIM shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – MAMA DIDN’T RAISE A VICTIM shirt Best Sale
Just A Regular Dad T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Just A Regular Dad T-Shirt Best Sale
just a regular dad trying not to raise liberals shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – just a regular dad trying not to raise liberals T-Shirt Best Sale
I'M ITALIAN WHEN THIS VIRUS IS OVER T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I’M ITALIAN WHEN THIS VIRUS IS OVER T-Shirt Best Sale
Just A Regular Dad Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Just A Regular Dad Shirt Best Sale
I'M ITALIAN SOMETIMES I TALK TO MYSELF T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I’M ITALIAN SOMETIMES I TALK TO MYSELF T-Shirt Best Sale
I'M ITALIAN I'M NOT RUDE shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I’M ITALIAN I’M NOT RUDE shirt Best Sale
IF YOU MESS WITH ME - BEST GIFT FOR GRANDDAUGHTER shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – IF YOU MESS WITH ME – BEST GIFT FOR GRANDDAUGHTER shirt Best Sale
I'M ITALIAN I'M NOT GREAT AT ADVICE T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I’M ITALIAN I’M NOT GREAT AT ADVICE T-Shirt Best Sale
IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO ITALY SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO ITALY SHIRT Best Sale
I I HATE BEING SEXY BUT I'M AN ITALIAN shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I I HATE BEING SEXY BUT I’M AN ITALIAN shirt Best Sale
FRONTLINE WARRIOR RAD TECH FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – FRONTLINE WARRIOR RAD TECH FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT Best Sale
FRONTLINE WARRIOR PHARMACIST FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – FRONTLINE WARRIOR PHARMACIST FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT  Best Sale
FRONTLINE WARRIOR NURSE FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – FRONTLINE WARRIOR NURSE FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT  Best Sale
FRONTLINE WARRIOR HEALTHCARE WORKER FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – FRONTLINE WARRIOR HEALTHCARE WORKER FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT Best Sale
FRONTLINE WARRIOR CNA FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – FRONTLINE WARRIOR CNA FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT  Best Sale
FRONTLINE WARRIOR CAREGIUER FOR MEN AND WOMEN SHIRT T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – FRONTLINE WARRIOR CAREGIUER FOR MEN AND WOMEN T-Shirt Best Sale
California Girl T-Shirt T-Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – California Girl T-Shirt Best Sale
UH-1 HUEY VIETNAM VETERAN SHIRT Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – UH-1 HUEY VIETNAM VETERAN SHIRT Best Sale
you can't scare me i have two daughters t-shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – you can’t scare me i have two daughters t-shirt Best Sale
TULSA 1906 black wall street shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – TULSA 1906 black wall street shirt Best Sale
roses are red fireworks are scary put it in reverse back up put it in Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – roses are red fireworks are scary put it in reverse back up put it in Shirt Best Sale
Never Underestimate- Grandpa- US Veteran T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Never Underestimate- Grandpa- US Veteran T-Shirt Best Sale
No Man Is A Man Until He Has Been A Soldier T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – No Man Is A Man Until He Has Been A Soldier T-Shirt Best Sale
Never Underestimate A True Veteran T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Never Underestimate A True Veteran T-Shirt Best Sale
My Tattoos- I'd Being The Army T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – My Tattoos- I’d Being The Army T-Shirt Best Sale
LOADING PLEASE WAIT... shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – LOADING PLEASE WAIT…  Shirt Best Sale
MADE IN ITALY shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – MADE IN ITALY shirt  Best Sale
IN MY DEFENSE I AM A REDHEAD & I WAS LEFT UNSUPERVISED SHIRT Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – IN MY DEFENSE I AM A REDHEAD & I WAS LEFT UNSUPERVISED SHIRT  Best Sale
I'm An Army Officer T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I’m An Army Officer T-Shirt Best Sale
I'm A Dad Grandpa And A Vietnam- Veteran T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I’m A Dad Grandpa And A Vietnam- Veteran T-Shirt Best Sale
I'm A Dad Grandpa And A Veteran T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I’m A Dad Grandpa And A Veteran T-Shirt Best Sale
I JUST NEED TO GO TO ITALY shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I JUST NEED TO GO TO ITALY shirt Best Sale
I Have A Crazy Tattooed Daughter T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I Have A Crazy Tattooed Daughter T-Shirt Best Sale
I Am A Lucky Dad I Have A Crazy Tattooed Daughter T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I Am A Lucky Dad I Have A Crazy Tattooed Daughter T-Shirt Best Sale
I JUST NEED TO GO TO CANADA shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I JUST NEED TO GO TO CANADA shirt Best Sale
I Am An Army Chaplain T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – I Am An Army Chaplain T-Shirt Best Sale
Honey I luv ya shirts Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Honey I luv ya shirts Best Sale
God Family Guns Trump T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – God Family Guns Trump T-Shirt  Best Sale
Funny T-Shirt - My Neck, My back, My Anxiety Attack Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Funny T-Shirt – My Neck, My back, My Anxiety Attack Shirt Best Sale
Boxer Happy Halloween Pumpkin shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Boxer Happy Halloween Pumpkin shirt Best Sale
Army Ranger We Do Precision Guess Work T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Army Ranger We Do Precision Guess Work T-Shirt Best Sale
can't work today my arm is in a cast t-shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – can’t work today my arm is in a cast t-shirt Best Sale
Army Veteran MOM T-Shirt Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – Army Veteran MOM T-Shirt Best Sale
AMERICAN PRIDE All-Over Dress Shirt Best Sale
Buy this shirt: Click here to BUY – AMERICAN PRIDE All-Over Dress Shirt Best Sale




Post a Comment

0 Comments